Sedibeng – Permanent
Ref No: LM0128/19
We are looking for Quality Improvement Technical Advisors who will be able to direct the implementation of Quality Improvement plans in line with Anova, SA DOH NSP for HIV/TB/STI (2017 – 2022) strategies and donor requirements. The incumbent will also oversee capacity building efforts in quality improvements activities within the Anova and DOH teams.
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support the development & review of the Anova sub-district & facility 909090 plan, in line with overall Anova 90-90-90 plan
- Use data (monthly-quarterly) to monitor facility performance against targets for TB/HIV and related programmes
- Identify obstacles to reaching targets and oversee implementation of quality improvement plans aimed at addressing identified obstacles at facility and sub district level
- Conduct training for Anova & Department of Health (DoH) staff on Quality Improvement
- Mentor Anova & DoH staff on development , implementation & review of Quality Improvement Plans (QIPs)
- Conduct primary health care facility visits with Anova team supporting facilities where QIPs are being implemented
- Report on QI projects conducted by writing up abstracts, posters and articles for conferences and meetings
- Engage with Department of Health HIV/TB/STI team: support development of District DoH’s 90-90-90 HIV/TB Implementation plan
Essential qualifications and experience
- A qualification in Nursing, Public Health, Quality Management or Social and Behavioral Science
- Quality Improvement course will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and understanding of national public health priority programs
- Atleast 4 years’ experience working on HIV/TB programmes, including working at primary health care level
- Programmes experience designing Quality Improvement Tools and learning materials
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation related to TB and HIV programmes
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg/Sedibeng Health District
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Good understanding of the NGO structure
- Proficiency in Ms Office
Applicants who have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful. Anova Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit your CV and application letter to Lukhanyiso Manganyi at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 28 February 2019