City of Johannesburg & Sedibeng – Permanent
Ref No: OD0019/18
We are looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be able to support the implementation of the programme’s data and health information quality management plan, working with assigned facilities and sub district teams to optimize use of data to improve the effectiveness of the local data information.
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) technical assistance as well as M&E guidelines/policies and support to all health facilities in the sub-districts
- Enhance M&E/data-related capacity and skills among staff from DoH and Anova
- Ensure that HIV/ART/TB clinical stationery audits are performed, including inspection, cleaning, transformation, and modelling of data with the goal of highlighting useful information, drawing conclusions which inform and support project decision-making
- Identify gaps within the health system and implement quality improvement plans to address identified gaps
- Supervise & support data capturers through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks
- Ensure that data management documentation standards are adhered to at all times and TIER.Net data cleaning before quarterly cohort reporting
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree in Social Sciences/ Health Information Sciences or any equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a data management environment
- 2 years’ experience working with DHIS, TIER.Net, ETR and DoH M&E systems for HIV/TB Programmes
- Strong personality and work ethic, with an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Excel
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 30 December 2018