Johannesburg & Sedibeng- Permanent
Ref No: SX0001/19
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for the Hospital Coordinator to facilitate the implementation of the 90-90-90 strategy in the Hospitals and coordinate the Anova Hospital Support programme.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify challenges preventing attainment of the 90-90-90 targets in the hospitals and develop project plans to address them with all the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and Evaluate project performance against set targets or plans, and implement quality improvement measures
- Provide regular feedback to Project Manager and all relevant stakeholders on progress or challenges encountered during implementation of the project
- Together with Project Manager and other stakeholders, develop and strengthen HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT), referral systems, linkage to care, patient tracking and tracing systems to ensure effective linkage to and retention to care to achieve DIP targets in support of the 90-90-90 strategy.
- Assist with the implementation of operational research projects as and when required
- Participate in SIMS visits and other donor and/or Anova management visits to hospitals within Johannesburg. Be available for such facility or DoH engagement visits.
- Supervise and manage Anova team seconded to each hospital/ group of hospitals to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations.
- Coach and train team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organisation.
- Provide programme performance reports (verbal and written) to Project Manager: Hospital Services, DOH and Anova management as agreed upon with the Project Manager: Hospital Services
Essential qualifications and experience
- Degree in social science or health related degree
- Certificate in Project Management will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of national, provincial and district health structures
- Knowledge of health systems and data management
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy, SA NSP for TB/HIV/STIs (2017 – 2022) and other Health related policies
- Good knowledge of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART), TB and Chronic Medication
- Management and Leadership skills
- Financial Management skills
- Flexible and resilient to change
- Analysis and interpretation of data
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship management skills
- Good facilitation and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg Health District
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Proactive and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 19 January 2019