City of Johannesburg/ Sedibeng – Permanent
Ref No: OD0029/18
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives by supporting integration of nutritional assessments & support in the HIV & TB programmes? Then look no further.
We are looking for a Dietitian to provide technical assistance to District level and Facility level staff to scale up NACS as part of the comprehensive services offered for HIV and TB.
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implement QI projects and report on improvements after completion of a baseline assessment through various tools including USAID SIMS tool
- Plan and conduct training on NACS
- Support the eMTCT on postpartum breastfeeding and infant nutrition
- Capacitate Anova and Department of Health (DoH) staff to promote better nutrition for people infected and affected by HIV
- Provide technical support to the DoH to strengthen supply chain management of nutrition related consumables
- Ensure all health facilities have the required policies, guidelines, basic equipment and material to provide NACS
- Develop a dashboard for the 90-90-90 strategy for NACS
Essential qualifications and experience
- A Bachelors or advanced Degree in dietetics, food and clinical nutrition related qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes
- Experience in supervision and mentorship
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!
Closing date: 30 December 2018