City of Johannesburg – Permanent
Ref No: OD0013/18
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Medical Doctor with experience working in the Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the Deputy Programme Manager. The incumbent will assist the Provincial Programme Manager with the management and implementation of Anova’s 90-90-90 strategy including the implementation of work plan activities in line with 90-90-90 targets and support the Johannesburg Health District with 90-90-90 District Implementation Plan process and monitoring of performance (monthly & quarterly).
Anova Health Institute is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assume overall management of the programme & team in the absence of the Programme Manager
- Work closely with Anova sub district managers in planning, developing and reviewing overall sub-district strategies of the programme
- Manage all aspects of project monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis and reporting
- Ensure that agreed upon activities are successfully implemented in facilities at sub-district level
- Form part of the District 90-90-90 technical working group, District National Adherence strategy to provide technical advice in the districts
- Co-ordinate USAID/Funder performance review visits and guide regional teams on the review process
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DoH, donors and partners
- Support and participate in relevant research processes
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBchB degree qualification
- Diploma in HIV Management
- Master’s degree in Public Health (equivalent an advantage)
- At least 5 years’ post community service clinical experience; with a minimum of 2 years in team management or supervision role.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with HIV/TB patients
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other health-related policies
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg/Sedibeng Health District
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 30 December 2018