Johannesburg – Permanent
Ref No: PR/130/18
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Do you have experience in designing and managing multiple databases? Are you meticulous, detail orientated and someone who can plan and work according to strict deadlines? Then look no further.
We seek the skills of a meticulous, detail oriented individual with a proven track record of managing databases and database development projects to join our data team. The main purpose of the role is to manage the storage, access and quality of all relevant data resources across the organisation in order to standardise and facilitate data use and improve accountability and reporting.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage the data resources for Anova
- Manage, mentor, train and develop the organisation’s database team
- Develop, manage and maintain a central data repository
- Develop and maintain documentation on database systems, configurations, processes and standards
- Promote data quality and facilitate data use including reporting
Essential qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Library & Information studies or a related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in database development and management of data systems of various content
- At least 3 years’ experience working with healthcare related data
- At least 3 Years’ project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a data repository
- Good understanding of information technology and digital data systems
- Public healthcare setting experience is advantageous, especially in the field of HIV
Submit your CV and application letter to Poelo Rangoako at email@example.com
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.
Closing date: 30 December 2018