Johannesburg & Sedibeng – Permanent
Ref No: OD0011/18
We are looking for Clinical Nurse Practitioners who will provide technical assistance, capacity-building and health system strengthening support to Department of Health (DoH) to initiate and enhance the roll-out of various services related to HIV and TB programmes.
Anova Health Institute an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support the implementation of 90-90-90 TB/HIV activities at primary healthcare level
- Initiate eligible patients on ART and provide follow-up care
- Mentor professional nurses (and enrolled nurses where required) at DoH facilities on Nurse-Initiated- Management of HIV (NIMART)
- Monitor performance and targets for TB/HIV/PMTCT programmes at primary healthcare level and provide mentorship and technical support to improve performance
- Identify gaps within the health system and implement quality improvement plans to address identified gaps
- Facilitate implementation of chronic treatment clubs/adherence clubs and implementation of the National Adherence strategy in primary healthcare facilities
- Participate in outreach campaigns aimed at mobilising clients for HIV testing services, initiation of ARVs, uptake of contraceptives
Essential qualifications and experience
- Postgraduate qualification as a Professional Nurse with Primary Health Care specialty (Nurse Clinician)
- Registration as a professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
- Experience working in primary healthcare facilities in the public sector
- NIMART trained and certified as competent to work independently
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing HIV-positive patients
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, TB and PMTCT guidelines
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg & Sedibeng Health District
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Relationship management
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response.